The European Innovation Council (EIC) Pilot supports innovators developing breakthrough innovations with the potential to create new markets and boost jobs, growth and prosperity in Europe.
The EIC Pilot brings together several innovation support schemes/actions (intro video by the EC):
- SME Instrument: Close-to-market and scale-up projects of a single SME or a consortium of SMEs.
- Fast Track to Innovation (FTI): Close-to-market projects of consortia of min. 3 participants. Industry must participate. Interdisciplinary approaches encouraged.
- FET Open: Early-stage, science and technology research by consortia exploring novel ideas for radically new future technologies that challenge current paradigms and venture into the unknown.
- Horizon Prizes: to boost breakthrough innovation by fostering solutions to challenges which bring major benefits to society.
- Support and Exploratory Actions: to help optimising the impact of EU investment in EIC innovators and innovations; they contribute to building an EIC community and a vision underpinning a possible future EIC.
These actions provide support with no thematic restrictions to innovative firms and enterpreneurs with the potential to scale up rapidly at European and global levels. They are aimed at ideas with high risk and requiring significant investments to get to market.