European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) 2016 Open Calls
Published on 18 July 2016
Author: Mathilde Vivot, Acting NCP Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing
In 2016, EDCTP will launch nine calls for proposals to support clinical research and related activities. These calls are worth approximately €138.6 million in research against poverty-related and neglected infectious diseases.
The launch of these calls follows from the approval of the EDCTP work plan for 2016 by the European Commission and the General Assembly of the EDCTP Association.
Proposals are invited for the following topics:
- Vaccines for poverty-related diseases (PRDs)
- Research and clinical management of patients in PRD epidemics in sub-Saharan Africa
- Strategic actions supporting large-scale clinical trials
- Clinical trials and operational research studies to optimise the use of products for poverty-related diseases in mothers, newborns, children and/or adolescents
- Strategic actions supporting health systems/services optimisation research capacities in cooperation with development assistance initiatives
- Ethics and regulatory capacities
- EDCTP-WHO/TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Career Development Fellowships