ERA-NET MANUNET II: 2016 Call for Proposals for Europe's Manufacturing Industry
Published on 14 January 2016
Author: Roland Buehler, SERI, Project Manager, Research and Innovation Programmes
- Deadline for pre-proposals: 17 March 2016, 17:00 (CET)
- Deadline for full proposals: 28 June 2016, 17:00 (CET)
- Communication of the evaluation results: Mid October 2016
- Start of projects: Contact national/regional agency
Objectives and Topics
The strategic objective of the MANUNET call for proposals is to foster the competitiveness of Europe’s Manufacturing Industry by co-funding manufacturing research projects performed by enterprises (preferably SMEs) and their strategic partners.
- Knowledge-based engineering, information and communication technologies for manufacturing (industrial robotics, computer-aided engineering and design, automated manufacturing, product lifetime management, etc.).
- Manufacturing technologies for environmental and energy applications including resource efficiency and recycling
- Adaptive manufacturing technologies including processes for removing, joining, adding, forming, consolidating, assembling
- New materials for manufacturing (alloys, lubricants, coatings, textile fibres, construction, composites, insulation, etc.).
- New manufacturing methods, components and systems (development of demonstrators, devices and equipments, logistic systems, etc.).
- Other technologies/products related to the manufacturing field.
The MANUNET call includes all fields in Manufacturing.
The respective regional/national thematic programme focus should be taken into account (Swiss participants need to follow the standard rules of the innovation funding programme CTI).
The MANUNET 2016 Call is open for entities belonging to these regions/countries:
- Asturias (Spain)
- Basque Country (Spain)
- Castile and Leon (Spain)
- Catalonia (Spain)
- Navarra (Spain)
- Lower Austria (Austria)
- Piedmont (Italy)
- Wallonia (Belgium)
- Western Greece (Greece)
All MANUNET projects should be designed on the following principle:
- Consortia consisting of at least 2 independent SMEs belonging to 2 participating countries, or 2 regions in different countries.
- Large companies, academic research groups, universities or other public organisations may also participate according to their regional/national financing regulations, as long as there are 2 independent SMEs belonging to 2 participating countries, or 2 regions in different countries.
- The composition of the consortium should be efficient in size in order to accomplish the objectives proposed. However, we expect small medium projects with no more than 4 or 5 partners.
Eligibility Swiss Participants
Swiss entities are eligible to participate. Standard criteria of the CTI innovation programme are applicable: Funding levels and rules are same as in pure national CTI projects.
At the fullproposal deadline, a CTI proposal is due to submit to the CTI office by using the standard CTI application form (further information about CTI rules and forms can be found here).
Further CTI Information
CTI, Support TST
Phone +41 (0)58 464 92 87
Before submitting please contact the Swiss contact point mentioned further below.
Further Information and Call Documents
On European level
ERA-NET MANUNET II Website
SERI, Project Manager, Research and Innovation Programmes
Phone +41 (0)58 464 71 41