Contact Office for European Research, Innovation and Education
SwissCore is the Swiss information and liaison office for European research, innovation and education in Brussels, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), and the Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI). Its Swiss partners are Euresearch (in the area of research and innovation) and the ch Foundation (in the area of education). SwissCore is a member of the Informal Group of RTD Liaison Offices (IGLO).
- To act as a bridge between Swiss and European knowledge institutions.
- To support Swiss participation in European knowledge programmes.
Goals and Services
- To provide high-quality information by writing articles, infomails, notes and reports, and by publishing a monthly newsletter (Synopsis).
- To liaise between Europe and Switzerland in the fields of research, innovation and education by giving presentations and speeches, and by participating in and organising meetings and events.
- To support Swiss participation at European level by answering questions, providing brokerage and strategic advice, organising visits to and traineeships in Brussels, offering office facilities and giving specialised training.
- To promote Swiss knowledge institutions by executing ad hoc replacements of Swiss representatives and ad personam representations of these institutions at European level and by representing them within IGLO.