Introduction: The ICT theme prioritises strategic research around key technology pillars, ensures end-to-end integration of technologies and provides the knowledge and the means to develop a wide range of innovative ICT applications.
The R&D Guide gives you an overall introduction to ICT in FP7.
Objectives: The objective of the ICT thematic is to improve the competitiveness of European industry and enabling Europe to master and shape future developments in ICT so that the demands of its society and economy are met.
Target public: Individual researchers, Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology (EPFL and ETHZ), SME, large companies and patient organisations.
Events: Here you'll find an overview of all ICT-related events in 2012
The ICT work programme has a set of 8 challenges:
Four ICT technology challenges
- Challenge 1: Pervasive and Trusted Network and Service Infrastructures
- Challenge 2: Cognitive System and Robotics
- Challenge 3: Alternative Paths to Components and Systems
- Challenge 4: Technologies for Digital Content and Languages
Four challenges with socio economic goals
- Challenge 5: ICT for Health, Ageing Well, Inclusion and Governance
- Challenge 6: ICT for a Low Carbon Economy
- Challenge 7: ICT for the Enterprise and Manufacturing
- Public-Private Partnership: Factories of the Future
- Challenge 8: ICT for Learning and Access to Cultural Resources
In addition to the eight challenges, a Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) activitiy will continue to foster trans-disciplinary research excellence in emerging ICT-related research domains.
Futhermore International Cooperation in the programme aims to support European competitiveness and to jointly address issues of common interest and mutual benefit.
Have also a look at the Infrastructure Work Programme as there will be open topics in the ICT area. For further information visit the infrastructure page
Are you interested? Know more about ICT here!
How can we help you? Discover the Euresearch Services!
National Contact Point Team: Don't hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
More info on FP7: Check the FP7 website!